Monday, May 24, 2010

eBay updates

Didn't do as well as I'd hoped to...

I ended up winning three knives: A WWI era Gurkha kukri knife from Nepal, a contemporary Tuareg dagger, and an interesting handmade WWII theater knife. Prices ended up being on the lower side, which is a good thing. I may end up selling the WWII knife and possibly the kukri - I'll have to see how it compares to my other kukri.

I was outbid on these items (I am proving a link to the completed auctions; I'm not sure how long they will be available):

  1. A unique spearhead from Tanzania with an interesting socket (appears to be made from a coil of steel). Sold for $34. I lowered my bid to $25 because I wasn't terribly impressed with it.
  2. Another Central African harpoon, with a more elongated shape. Work was a little rough. Sold for $47. I was the second highest bidder on this one.
  3. A sturdy Ethiopian spear head from the Danakil Depression. Similar to this one, but more robust and less ornate. Sold for about $150, which I imagine is probably about what it's worth.
  4. A Central African Tetela spear blade. An old, used piece, but still very nice and with a striking configuration. Sold for $55.
  5. Another Yakoma spear from Central Africa. Sold for about $200.
  6. Another Mossi spear from Burkina Faso. Blade's been bent and repaired. Sold for a very high $80.
  7. A Filipino dagger from the early 20th century. Nice configuration, with a restored pommel. Sold for a reasonable $45.
  8. A Finnish puukko knife with a damaged sheath. Knife itself is in great shape. Sold for $40.
  9. A Gurkha kukri knife similar to the one I purchased. Sold for $55.
  10. Another kukri, plainer but better constructed than the first. Sold for $65.
  11. A third kukri, a British Mark 1 used in WWI. Sold for a very high $330. One of the most collectible kukris.
  12. Lastly, someone beat me to this Central African (Mongo?) arrow.

No comments: